Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Be Yourself

 There is another MeetUp group I have joined and it consists of local artists who gather at a studio to talk and create art around the table. We meet once a month and I have gone twice so far. It is interesting to watch other artists create in the two-hour period and discuss how the pieces come about. 

The studio owner has mentioned she has a "default" subject of hearts when she's not particularly struck with other ideas. She knows the default heart will help her get started painting and they are the shapes that make her happy to begin. Just as well, I have a default subject and it comes in the shape of a star. I also enjoy hearts, but tonight I needed the "default".

It's all good! We went to dinner and got home later than I thought we would. The midnight deadline loomed in front of me and I had to get started, so I began with the simple star. I taped the edges again and hope to do that as long as I have tape because the whole page just looks better. 

Earlier today, I posted a quote about being yourself, and a friend's mother then posted another quote from Oscar Wilde. I like the one she posted, "Be yourself. Everyone else is taken." because it is so real. 
Just be me!
It is refreshing and exciting to finally learn what that means.

With just minutes to spare, I finished the watercolor and I like it. More soon, and more just me, too.
Cheers!

Materials:
Strathmore Windmill 140lb Watercolor paper
Faber-Castell Gelatos
Faber-Castel Watercakes
Prang watercolor

Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
-Oscar Wilde

No comments: