Sunday, January 27, 2013

Buds and Blooms

Things I've noticed the past few days....

My favorite flowers are starting to bud and bloom in the back yard and that means spring is on the way. I am hoping it warms up for my family and friends in the Midwest as temps and snow have kept people indoors way too often, I'm sure. Hope is here and it is showing up in more places than just the garden.

The other day I posted about perhaps teaching a type of wine and canvas class, where participants can come and relax, paint a picture and take it home the same night. It is really something I would love to do more than anything. I've been talking it over with two of my friends over the past few days and it seems like the idea is in the budding stages. We have been discussing materials and constructing easels from materials we can re-use. It is exciting and fun to the dream is on its way to being real.

And just as Saturday's conversation ended, it picked up when another friend called me today. She has a studio in Laguna Beach and I brought the idea to her. We discussed it only a little bit when I asked if she might be interested in hosting such an event at the studio. She has put it on the calendar for the last Wednesday in February! It's a done deal. I am so excited! After the call, I went and danced silly dances because I am so happy! I hope for more buds and blooms.

I am hoping to put a twist on the Painting class and, perhaps,  re-use older paintings found in thrift stores and garage sales to create some fun Pinterest art. Pinterest is filled with so many ideas, has millions of followers and, I bet, a small circle of people who do the things they've posted on Pinterest. But I bet there are a lot of buds out there waiting to bloom along with me! I sure hope so.


 Have a wonderful day, and
Good night!





Materials:
Strathmore Windmill Watercolor, 140lb, 9"x12" image
Faber Castell Watercolor Cakes
Staedtler Permanent Fine Black Marker

3 comments:

Catherine Huebscher said...

Kim, I want to do the class! Great idea - CREATE and integration of REUSE!

I look forward to your daily art posts - it is better than turning a page on a desk calendar!

Cheers

Unknown said...

We will have it posted on the Meetup calendar very soon- I can't wait!

Unknown said...

Your creativity makes me happy!