Tuesday, January 1, 2013

An Artful 2013


Yes, Happy New Year!
I'm excited.
Smh!

Last year I chose to post a picture a day with a "thankful" message. I needed a better barometer for life and felt as though some of my postings had not given off the good I might have intended, rather, they had become pretty negative and filled with gunk.

It seemed overwhelming at first, but as the days passed it became a challenge to post just one thing to be thankful for and one picture. Personally, the beauty of it all is I now have a finer tune for the things that really matter in my life.
As a bonus, I feel my photography, with only a camera phone, has improved and I discovered instagram as a new and very fun medium. I also feel "unstuck" now, artistically, when I thought I actually was stuck. I am creating every day! Hallelujah!

As this new year begins, I've seen a challenge to "make something 365" and have decided to give it my 365. Funny thing is, I discovered the questions from the moderator and realized (smh) I have already done this project! Not only did I write daily, but I posted my version of art- what speaks to me- every day for a YEAR. Smh means "smack my head" and that I did. Because now I am more than the excited I started with in this post.

I'll be creating art on all kinds of paper every day for this year. I will use all of the blank sketchbooks in my stash and also get creative with the tonnage of paper supplies I've held onto for way too long. It is after all, just sitting there blank. Smh.

Again, I'll share a daily post, but will also be finding space for blogging, as well. I like the (KeepItSimpleSilly) method, so I'm not expecting verbose prose, rather just evidence of the art I am intended to make and share.

To you, my friends! Thank you for reading my posts of the past year. Your feedback has helped me through some interesting, difficult, beautiful and challenging times. I appreciate and hold your words dear.

Smh.
This is going to be good!
Happy New Year!

http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/p/share.html?m=1
 Journal Calendar Page for January
Materials: Faber-Castell Gelato sticks,Stabilo fine tip markers, Staedtler permanent marker, and Mixed Media paper.
1.1.13
New Year's Day - by U2
Materials: Canson 120lb. Water color Paper, Faber-Castell Gelato sticks, Staedtler permanent marker, Stabilo fine point markers, and Derwent watercolor pencils.
This song was swimming through my head all day long and it is not a particularly light tune, so I pulled the words I needed out of it. Songs get stuck in my head a lot, so this will be an inspiration option for the future.

 

No comments: