Friday, January 11, 2013

This One Goes to Eleven

Eleven.
Eleven pieces done and one sketchbook complete. Where is the twelfth sheet? I drew a cupcake in 2006 as a thank you and had it copied for the family who got it. But this sketchbook goes to eleven. 

Eleven pages were pretty much empty when I started this project last week. The pages are filled! The water has buckled the pages so they don't sit well - they have messages to share! Soon I will have to find a way to store my books. Or display them.

And I will just keep going. Not in a way that an accident has happened and we pass just to get traffic flowing, but in a way that keeps the sketch and drawing muscles flexed and working hard. This is the art of staying unstuck and creating daily. Just keep going. If it doesn't flow, just put a little color on the page and see where it takes me and have fun. It's worked so far.

Just keep going. Yes. Sometimes I think I'm here and I've reached my destination, but then I get the message to just slow down in traffic and have a look to soak up what I need, because the destination keeps changing. For sure, the beauty is in the travel.

This year has so much to be discovered and I am not settling. I will just keep going and explore the possibilities, the view and the product. I am tired right now and need some duct tape for my eyelids, so I think it is bed time for me. I will just have to keep going in my sleep.

What can you do with eleven?
 
Materials:
Canson 140 lb. Watercolor Paper
Prang Watercolor
Derwent Watercolor Pencil
Sakura Micron 0.5 Green Pen


No comments: