Thursday, January 31, 2013

Celebrate

It really is a celebration of art to say I have created every day. The watercolor I made tonight could be called "Confetti" when I consider the fact I really have completed one month and tomorrow is February.  Only eleven months left!

I have learned so much and trust in my abilities to create even when it feels like nothing will show up. Tonight was one of those nights. I never set out to paint confetti, yet the pieces showed up as i went along. Today was a day I rested because of some weird cold. I slept most of the day and really didn't feel like anything very good, but I started with the tape again. After a quick background, I masked off the lines and then painted in the open spaces. I masked again and painted again. Then, I had actually planned to put "friends" in near the bottom, but decided against it. Still, it needed something else and the confetti makes it happen. 

Next, after the watercolor, I created the calendar for the month. It was fun to create last month, so i figure it's a great way to keep the momentum going on this year-long project. I used the same hearts from the Beautiful Family piece and they came from the template I used from January's calendar page. I just used them to paint over for the date markers and intend to use them again for another project. 

I thank you for taking the time to visit today. Thank you and have a fabulous February!

 

2 comments:

pauline said...

i LOVE both of these, but especially the first one, with the little squares all over... beautiful! i had the hardest time finding your blog again. So glad i did. Your work is gorgeous - as is your writing. :-) xox

mariska eyck said...

I love the colors!
Mariska