Saturday, January 26, 2013

No direction

Well, I guess if I liked the band "One Direction", at least that would be one, but today it feels like there are so many directions maybe no direction is best. I had a hard time creating tonight. The picture started as some really beautiful color on paper and became layers upon layers of super pigmented opaque color that turned sort of muddy. The outline layer is the Sharpie Marker and metallic is notorious for not photographing well. In person, the effect is really pretty nice.

A friend posted the Emerson quote, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." It is one of my favorite quotes and it has inspired me to dream a little more and feel the direction I am being lead. It is exciting and scary, but I have faith it all happens for a reason.

On a separate note, I found another nice cabinet for the house today at Restord for $60. It is great to find a good deal now and then. The cabinet contains a pull-out desk drawer where I wish to create my work space. Maybe if I am at an actual desk instead of my bed, I will actually finish a blog entry without heavy eyelids. Regardless, as I type in bed, it's about time to turn in. Cabinet will come home hopefully Monday! Exciting.

Ciao, for now!

 

Materials:
Strathmore Windmill Watercolor Paper,
140 lb, 9"x12"
Faber Castell Watercolor Cakes
Sharpie Silver Marker

No comments: