Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hold on.

These words are in the first verse of the song, "Hold On! I'm Comin'" by Sam and Dave. I love playing the horn parts and it just oozes classic soul. A friend of mine posted part the title today, and I saw this in my mind's eye. Whenever I hear this song, I smile. The message is great and I feel the groove in my whole body. I tried to follow the phrasing of the song and bring out the emphasized words by making them larger. I wanted to be able to see the song in front of me. It's also nice to be using some brighter colors.

The Creative Every Day Challenge has a monthly theme; January was 'dark' and February is 'light'. I am so thankful to be bringing in colors of sunny and brighter days alongside everyday Valentine images. Yes, I love hearts, but I believe every day is Valentine's day and hearts will creep in all year long. 

Have a wonderful day!

Hold on! I'm comin'!

Materials:
Canson XL Mixed Media, 98 lb paper
Faber Castell watercolor cakes
Staedtler black permanent fine Marker

2 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful creation! Love the design and colors and great quote!

Carol of : A Creative Harbor ^_^

Unknown said...

Thank you for stopping by, Carol!