Friday, January 4, 2013

Hope Rides the Waves of Fear

It was a roller coaster day.

I've been waking up so excited to get working on this project every day this week. It is fulfilling and helps me work through past pieces and finish them in order to move on to the new ideas that are percolating in my head and heart. I'm still not feeling the greatest with my cold, but it's hardly anything to complain about. I used another half-completed piece today to conserve energy. Again, the piece is another I wasn't too fond of completing because the original choice I made to use cheap colored pencils was not worth the trouble I put into it. I must have been drawn in by the many colors in the pencil box....

Regardless, "hope" did not exist, at least on this page, before today. I have been reminded to hope for good things, transform anxieties into helpful prayers, and to really listen for the truth in the voices of others no matter the age.

No matter what becomes of today's events, I will go to sleep knowing I have HOPE and dear friends who are here, via the internets and beyond, to help me cope with some stressful situations. Yes, vague is in vogue, as I do not know how much should be shared about any of it at this point.

I do know life is short. Please take the time to be sure to hug someone, do something kind, or just listen for awhile for an older person who may not have anyone to help in similar stressing situations.. 

As for now, the piece below was created in the Canson Watercolor Sketchbook 170lb using (junk) colored pencils, sakura micron pens, Derwent watercolor pencils and (hooray!) Prismacolor pencils, as well. I'm not completely satisfied it is done. I have hope and that is all I need.

Be well and do good for one another. 
Good night.



2 comments:

Linda Lou said...

Hi Funky! I love this....maybe you could do one for me...."and in the end, on dreams you can depend, cause that's what love is made of"...I picture clouds - what do you think? I love your art work keep doing and creating....
I AM the Mom

Unknown said...

Thanks, Mom! I'll Put This In The "Suggestion Box".... I Love You, Mom!