Saturday, January 5, 2013

"Lest We Forget How Fragile We Are."

In the watercolor sketch pad sat another unfinished piece. It had a simple pink inked line drawing of a heart, some yellow in the center of it, and some twisty lines surrounding the heart in a little bit of brown and graphite. One of these days I should really post the "before" and "after" shots, but it's too late today. 

This is one of my favorite subjects to paint because I love projecting the light and love from inside the heart to the surrounding darkness. In the past few days, some people have messaged me about inspirations and this heart also represents how they have brightened my heart. I am not a financially rich person, but I am rich in my friends and love. Thank you for sharing with me!

Materials: Prang watercolor
Sakura Micron pen 
By the way, the Micron pen is supposed to be waterproof. Some of it washed away today, but I liked the result. Just want to advise others who might want to use the pen and paint over it. I guess we all take chances once in awhile.

 This is an excerpt of "Fragile," from which I pulled more inspiration for the painting today. The song is one of my favorites.
 
...On and On
The rain will fall
like tears from a star
like tears from a star
On and on
the rain will see
how fragile we are
how fragile we are.

 -Sting



 
Fragile. 1.5.13

 

1 comment:

EW said...

One of my favorite songs as well. I love this.